4 ingredient pumpkin muffins recipe

Fall in love with pumpkin all over again with these moist and delicious muffins that are perfect for Fall ! 

I found this recipe on Pinterest from Highlights Along the way and being that I love all things pumpkin as well as sweet I knew I had to try it! To my surprise I had all of the ingredients on hand and didn't even need to go to the store a win win ! 

In the recipe I found on Pinterest she had used pumpkin pie filling which sadly I didn't have any so I substituted it for canned pumpkin instead and it came out just as good! 

I opened the box of dry yellow cake mix and poured it into a bowl and set it aside.

Took out the can opener and popped the top off of the canned pumpkin and dumped it into the bowl of cake mix, grabbed a spatula and got to work. I mixed and mixed until well combined. The batter was just right! There was no more dry cake mix. 

The best part of all is guess what there's no eggs in this batter so you can lick the spoon dry! Come on now we've all done it! Don't be ashamed it's so good! The ooey gooeyness of the pumpkin and the sweetness of the cake mix oh my gosh so good! 

Yes I licked the spoon and it was so delicious ! Yum! 

Any who. Let's get back to the muffins shall we. 

Here's what I used to make the muffins. 


Makes 12 muffins
One box yellow cake mix ( I used Madhava organic brand) 
One can of organic pumpkin Trader Joes brand 
One tablespoon of enjoy life chocolate chunks roughly chopped
Chopped pecans 



I divided the batter making 6 with pecans and 6 with chocolate chips

For toppings you could sprinkle on some dried fruit such as cranberries , 
raisins or even some chocolate chips! 

I preheated my oven to 325 degrees then I grabbed a 12 count muffin tray.

Set the tray down on the counter and lined them with muffin papers.

I carefully dropped the batter into paper cups sprinkled on some chopped up pecans 

For the other half of the batter I tossed in a tablespoon of enjoy life chocolate chunks that were diced up into small pieces and dropped a generous amount into the cups.



Then I popped them into the oven for 22 minutes. 

If your in a hurry these make for a quick grab and go breakfast or snack and have Fall written all over them! 

You know what would really go great on these muffins is a drizzle of warm cinnamon maple syrup oozing down the side!

I loved how easy these muffins were to make and are healthier than those other muffins! So moist, flavorful, sweet and delicious ! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watermelon Road Dried Fruit Jerky

Onion Crunch Review and Giveaway!

Honey Bunches Of Oats:Tropical Blends Review and Giveaway